Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The First 20

I would be lying if I claimed that the first twenty weeks of this pregnancy were anxiety free.  So I won't even try.  After carrying my first baby for 38 weeks, while planning for his birth and burial at the same time, I could only dream of being naive with my second pregnancy.  But all that aside, it is by God's grace that I am able to report news of a healthy, growing, kicking, moving, baby boy!  The first 20 weeks have flown by!  With every step forward, God gently reminds me of His sovereignty, and love.  God is more than enough for any and all situations.

My husband and I chose to undergo genetic testing with this baby.  All that is involved is a simple blood draw from me.  I say simple, but I had 7 viles of blood drawn.  I don't easily get grossed out by the sight of blood or needles, except when it is my own.  Adding to the mix, there was a lot riding on that simple needle poke:  was it going to be a repeat of my first pregnancy?  or would we get news of a baby with perfect chromosomes?  My sweet mom met me at the lab the morning of the test, with my favorite cookies in hand, and jokes lined up to distract me from the process!  She knows me so well, and has made the first twenty weeks of pregnancy much more easy for me to endure.   

Also at 10 weeks, my husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary.  He surprised me with a trip to a bed and breakfast, and with a new coach purse!  He spoils me so much, and I am so grateful to God for giving me this man.  There is no one else I would want to share this journey of life with.

 It was around 12 weeks, that we received the call I had been praying for for over 5 years.  Our baby BOY had perfect chromosomes!  I took the call, and already had 2 outfits wrapped and waiting.  After hanging up the phone, I handed this one to daddy to open.  (We were both quite shocked that it was a boy.  All along we had thought it was a girl!  Oops!)


We made it to 20 weeks!  Around this time, I started to relax and breathe a little easier.  We invited both of Hudson's grandmas to the 20 week ultrasound.  It was the first ultrasound that my mom had ever seen.  She cried when seeing Hudson for the first time.  It was an amazing moment.  I have never been so thrilled to hear the word "normal" before!


This is the best 3D image we could get of Mr. Hudson.  Apparently, he doesn't like to be still for very long(exactly like his daddy!).  We also weren't able to get an open faced shot because he had his face scrunched up against his pillow(AKA the placenta), and had his fist up near his face(exactly like his mommy sleeps!).

With Thanksgiving upon us, we have so much to be thankful for.  In all actuality, it's not about what God can do for us, or give us.  He's already given us all that we need in His Son.  The work has been done.  All that is required of us is to believe and receive.  Easier said than done, I know.  Wishing you a blessed holiday week!

7 comments:

Hanna said...

Congratulations! I've been following your blog for a long time, and I'm happy to hear all the good news coming from your life.

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! So excited to read this!!!!

Anonymous said...

WhooHoo!!! Prayed for you for years. All the best. GREAT name!

melissa78 said...

This is the best post i have read in a while!! I am so happy for you and your family!! May God continue to bless you!!

Bren said...

Hoping for an update soon :)

Granny said...

So excited for you but waiting for an update.... hope things are going well...........

melissa78 said...

Waiting on an update! Hoping all is well!!!